Thursday, February 13, 2014

Monthly Christmas Card Challenge - January

Here are the second set of 5 Christmas 
cards for my personal monthly challenge.
I did get them done in January, although they are 
just now being posted. I did not, however, finish
the last 5 of my Christmas gift tags that are
also part of my personal monthly challenge.
I will have to make them up with February's gift tags.


Holly Jolly Santa

I stamped the main image from the SU Gifts of joy stamp set in memento
tuxedo black ink, and colored it in with SU real red and old olive markers.
I cut it out with a nestibilities labels twenty-three die, and sponged it with
 SU real red ink. I embossed the SU wild wasabi card base with the cuttlebug
wedding suite set embossing folder. I used a starburst metallic gel pen to
make dots at all of the embossed intersections, as well as for Santa's belt
on the main image. I cut an oval out of SU designer paper, then trimmed
the edges to fit in the corner of the card. I stamped the sentiment
from the SU holly jolly Christmas set in encore gold ink, and finished
it off with a gold ribbon bow.



Materials Used:
   Image –Stampin’ Up Gifts of Joy
   Sentiment – Stampin’ Up Holly Jolly Christmas
   Cardstock – Stampin’ Up wild wasabi cardstock; recollections white
   Designer Paper – Stampin’ Up winter bright simply scrappin’ kit
   Ink – Memento tuxedo black; encore gold; Stampin’ Up real red

   Accessories - Stampin’ Up real red and old olive markers; Cuttlebug 
wedding suite set embossing folder; Nestibilities labels 
twenty-three die; starburst metallic gel pen; gold ribbon; 
creative memories oval cutting system; stampin’ sponges

1 comment:

Sonja said...

These are definitely in your element CUTESAY...but the extra detail work is awesome...