Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TLC 369 ~Crop it!~

A rainy and dreary Monday is perfect for hiding
in my Purple Palace and creating! :)
So that is exactly what I did. I jumped in on some challenges,
as you have started to see.
The funny thing is that I went down there numerous times with
the thought of this week's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS.
The challenge is Crop it! Take any image and crop it to add to
your card or scrapbook page. Well, I would pull a set out that I
thought had a good image to crop. But then I would get
side-tracked and end up with a completely different card ...
...that didn't include the challenge guidelines. LOL

Last night, I finally got one that I thought would "fit."
But after I let it sit overnight, when I looked at it this morning,
I wasn't sure if cutting my image out, then in half to adhere in
two different places would actually qualify as "cropped."
But I still like the card I did. :)

Rusty Lion


The card base is really rust. The top layer
is K & Co DP, layered onto
crushed curry.
I stamped the Wild about you
sentiment from SU's Wild About
You stamp set onto the DP
with really rust ink.
The lion image is from the same
stamp set. I inked it using crushed
curry and really rust markers,
stamped it on naturals ivory cardstock,
cut it out, sliced in two pieces,
then adhered them on either side of
the DP layer. I also wrapped linen
thread around the bottom of the
DP layer and knotted it in the front.
The Happy birthday sentiment is from SU's
Alphabet Soup stamp set. It is stamped
in really rust and crushed curry ink
on naturals ivory. The edges were distressed
using SU's distressing tool, then layered
only really rust.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, then I had to attempt the challenge yet again.
LOL
But by golly, I think I got it!
heehee

Cropped Spring Day


The card base is pink pirouette, with a bermuda
bay layer embossed with the Elegant Bouquet
SU Sizzex folder.  The image
~cropped image portions~
(shall I say?! LOL)
are from SU's A Kind Word stamp set.
I stamped them in memento tuxedo black ink
on whisper white.
I punched out 3 different sections (two are same image)
with SU's square punch, and colored them in
with SU markers.
I layered them onto scallop square
punches of crushed curry, and added a tab
of crushed curry dotted ribbon behind each.
The sentiment from the same stamp set is stamped
in bermuda bay onto whisper white,
the edges sponged with crushed curry ink,
and layered on a scallop oval of pink pirouette.

Kind of bold colors, but they make
me think "Spring!"



1 comment:

Carol L said...

Both cards are really cute, and I love the creative cropping of the 2nd card! Nice job on the challenge!