Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teapot Tuesday Challenge

I have missed a few tea parties, as I've been allowing myself
to take advantage of the spring cleaning mojo while
it is here. LOL But I jumped back in this week, and so glad I did.
This week's teapot cards are to bring a birthday celebration to
Rita. You can read her story here. 

The challenge was to incorporate butterflies and birthdays.
Here is my creation.

Butterfly Birthday



The card base is perfect plum.
The white layer has its edges sponged
with marina mist ink. Both butterflies and
the curved sentiment are from SU's
Garden Whimsy stamp set.
I inked both butterflies using the
Rock & Roll technique. I first inked
the entire image with bashful blue ink,
then I rolled the outer edges in marina
mist ink, then the outermost edges
in perfect plum ink.
I wanted the same color effect for the
curved sentiment, so I inked it with
marina mist ink, then used the perfect plum
marker on the edges.
The birthday sentiment is from
SU's Hugs & Wishes stamp set,
stamped in perect plum and marina
mist ink. I used SU and EK Success
punches with whisper white and marina mist
cardstock for the sentiment, sponging the
white layer with perfect plum ink.
The final touch for this card is
prima flowers with a purple
flower brad in the center.
I hope Rita likes it as well as I do. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lovely, Krista! The R&R technique was perfect for this.