Monday, March 19, 2012

Finally! An update!

I was made aware yesterday by my cousin, Tanya, that my blog has not been updated for 5 weeks.
Oops! So, in honor of my stalking cousin LOL, here is some new stuff. :)
And for the record, I LIKE BLOG STALKERS ;)

I went downstairs to create a couple baby cards today.
My husband's sister became a 1st time grandma last night
when her oldest step-daughter had a baby boy.

Baby Boy Giraffe


The card base is marina mist, with a whisper white
layer embossed with the swiss dot CB folder.
I stamped the giraffe image from SU's
Wild About You stamp set in marina mist
and drew a ribbon around his neck.
I mounted that on marina mist, and trimmed
the sides with an SU border punch.
I stamped the sentiment from SU's
Whimsical Words stamp set in marina
mist, punched it out with SU's large oval
punch, then layered on marina mist punched
out with SU's scallop oval punch.
The card is finished off with SU's blue
gingham ribbon.

Wasabi Wild About You Baby

The card base is wild wasabi with a whisper
white layer. I stamped the images from SU's
Wild About You stamp set in marina mist,
daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, and
wild wasabi inks and/or markers.
The sentiment from Su's Baby Talk stamp
set is stamped in wild wasabi.
It is finished off with SU's wild wasabi
stitched ribbon.

-----------------------------------------------------

Then I decided to work on something
for one of the Splitcoast challenges.
Well, I got side-tracked.
But I did get two more cards made. LOL

Because I care


This card base is certainly celery with a whisper
white strip across the entire width, stamped
with lavender flowers from SU's Because
I Care stamp set. Certainly celery and
elegant eggplant ribbons run across
the strip. The main image is from the same
stamp set. I inked the image with lavender
lace, elegant eggplant, certainly celery,
and always artichoke markers.
The main image has lavender lace ink
sponged around the edges and is mounted
on elegant eggplant.
The sentiment from the same stamp set is
stamped in elegant eggplant.

Treat Yourself

This card base is pacific point, with the front
embossed with the swiss dot CB folder.
The whisper white layer was cut out with
 the Top Note sizzix die.
I stamped the bubble gum machine image
from SU's Treat Yourself stamp set
in memento tuxedo black ink.
I colored it with the poppy parade marker
and the zig painty for silver.
The gumballs from the same stamp
set were stamped in pacific point, melon
mambo, rich razzleberry, wild wasabi,
daffodil delight, and pumpkin pie inks.
I inked the sentiment from the same stamp
set with the poppy parade marker so that I
could separate the 2 lines.
There is a crushed curry dotted
ribbon across the middle behind
the top note layer.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Both Baby cards are adorable...I love them both!~ the newer colors are so much more fun and eye catching
And tho the others are not what you were wanting to do in the challenge, I like them. They are nice layouts, and that gumball machine is fun, so colorful ...great ideas on all of them...