Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PSC 23: Easter Color Story

I did a "last day to do this one" card for the
Perfect Sentiments challenge from last Wednesday.
LOL   You can see the details here.
I really had fun with this one. My first idea for this came out a
little too bold for my liking for this card. So I decided
to use other ways of using the colors more subtly. 
Still bold, but in a better way I think.

A Glittery Good Egg



I used regal rose, rich razzleberry, and
baha breeze to simulate the challenge colors.

The card base is barely banana. I applied
versamark across the bottom of my card,
covered it with heat and stick powder,
heated it, then added SU glitter that
looks like rich razzleberry to me.

I added a strip of wide baha breeze
stitched ribbon above the glitter.
The top left block is shimmer paper,
with stamps from the SU A Good Egg
stamp set stamped in regal rose,
rich razzleberry, and baja breeze inks.
The top right block is regal rose
with cardstock vellum on top of it.

I stamped the hatching chicklet image from
the same stamp set on white cardstock
with memento tuxedo black ink.
I colored the egg portion with
the versamarker,
then did the heat and stick powder,
this time adding dazzling diamonds glitter.
I colored the chicklet portion
with watercolorwonder crayons,
then used a blender pen.
I cut the image out and adhered it on top.

I stamped both sentiments, also from SU's
A Good Egg stamp set in rich razzleberry,
one directly on the cardstock vellum,
and the other on barely banana.
This sentiment was then punched out with
SU's word window punch.
A blingy pearl and daffodil delight
ribbon finished it off.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Very cute. I do love the softer colors, but that bit of bling on the bottom really adds to it.

jan farnworth said...

really cute thanks for playing along at the perfect sentiment this week.

Sassy said...

Adorable ... so darn cute! Love that image and the soft colors with the bling. Thanks for playing at Perfect Sentiments

Jennipher said...

Love the pastels with the bold glittery panel. Great job. Glad you joined us on the last day!

Parables of a Crafter said...

very well done!! I love the image and the color combination you used on this! Thanks for joining the Perfect Sentiments challenge!

krcmasterpiece said...

You crack me up! LOL Really put a smile on my face & heart. Thanks!
We appreciate you playing @ The Perfect Sentiment.

Samantha said...

Adorable, Thanks for playing along with the Perfect Sentiment

Tabitha said...

very cute chickadee.

Carol L said...

Such a cute card, and I've always loved that little egg image :)
Thanks for all the nice comments you've been leaving on my blog! Much appreciated :)