Monday, April 14, 2008

new baby gifts

Our neighbors just had a new baby boy last week. They also have a 2 1/2 year old little girl who is in a library program with Dustin, my youngest. So when I was thinking of a gift for the new baby, I wanted to do something special for the new big sister as well. So I created these to go with some gifts that I picked up for them.
I made this for the new big sister Sidney. I loved how the little princess turned out. I thought she needed to be sparkly. I used the Paper Dolls cricut cartride to cut the princess and accessories. I used the Teardrop cricut cartridge to cut the letters. Everything that is sparkly was embossed with SU's iridescent ice embossing powder.






I made this for the new baby, Trent. I love boys' stuff done in primary colors, probably since that is what my boys' room is decorated in. I used the Stampin' Up Headline alphabet stamp set and Wild About You set. I also used some various ribbons and embellishments.



But then, I ran across this while looking online for ideas. You can see it at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/565891. So I did one very similar, changing a few things here and there. I was very happy with how it turned out. I used SU's Headline alphabet stamp set for the letters, the Warm Words set for the script, and the Wild About You set for the images. I also used the round label punch and soft subtles brads from Stampin' Up. I couldn't decide on just one for the baby, so both pictures are in the frame. They can switch them if they'd like.

No comments: