Thursday, February 2, 2012

A New Challenge

I decided to jump in on a new challenge today
-well, new to me-
splitcoaststampers.com has daily challenges,
and Thursday's is "Ways To Use It"
You can see today's challenge here.

The challenge was to use an image repeatedly
on your card, in honor of the movie Groundhog Day.
I actually did two different cards for this challenge.

Razzleberry Kindness


This first card uses a whisper white card base,
with a rich razzleberry card front.
I stamped a 2-step image from SU's
Heartfelt Thanks stamp set, using pink
pirouette for the image, and rich razzleberry
for the image outline stamp.
I layered that onto the cardfront,
and seperated them with the rich razzleberry
dotted ribbon. I used the paper piercing
tool around the top and sides of the
card front to carry through the dots.
I stamped the sentiment from SU's Heard
From the Heart stamp set in craft
whisper white ink, then embossed it with
white embossing powder.

Lavender Lilac Thank You


This card uses a lavender lace card base,
with a whisper white card front.
I repeatedly stamped the image from SU's Painted
Posies stamp set in memento tuxedo black
ink for the bottom border, and colored it with
lavender lace and certainly celery markers.
I tied a lavender patterned ribbon around the card front.
I stamped and colored the image the same way
again and cut it out with the SU wide oval punch.
I used the versamarker over the lavender
flowers, and embossed it with clear embossing
powder for a little extra pop.
I sponged the oval edges with lavender lace
ink and mounted it on lavender lace cardstock.
I stamped the sentiment from SU's
Because I Care stamp set in lavender lace ink.


2 comments:

Sonja said...

Wow both are very pretty... and new and different to me in the first color combo ... love the lavender lace, definitely SPRING looking

Kelly said...

Both of these cards are so pretty. I love the sentiment you used in the 1st one and what gorgeous colors in the 2nd one!