Saturday, August 2, 2008

Creating for Tanya

My cousin Tanya will turn 40 on Monday. Her mom is throwing her a big party (it was supposed to be a surprise party, but Tanya didn't cooperate with that idea). Tammy thought of the fun idea for anyone who wanted to join in to create a scrapbook page for Tanya of any sort they wanted.


I did a "cousins" page for her with pictures through the years. These included Tanya, my sister Tammy, our cousins Marshall and Abbey, and me. One was taken in 1987 at a family reunion. One was from my wedding in 1997. One was taken the month after my youngest son was born in 2004. And the other is from last summer. I enjoyed looking at the similarities and differences in these pictures. I used my Cricut for this page. The title is done using my new Jasmine cartridge.


I also did a double-page "zoo" page because for the last couple of years, Tanya has given my parents "grandparents' zoo passes" to take the kids to the zoo as often as they'd like. We just went last week for the kids to enjoy the zoo with my Mom, so I scrapbooked that day for Tanya. I used my Cricut for these too. The title is done using the Zoobaloo cartridge and the monkey, tiger, and zebra.




This is the card I created for her. She has decided to 'embrace' the forties and be fabulous instead of dread this birthday. So I thought this would be fitting. I used SU's basic black and purely pomegranate cardstock. I used versamark with SU's heat n' stick powder, then glitter from the fine cosmo pack. I also used SU's designer label punch for the "fabulous" sentiment. Both stamps are from SU's Just B stamp set. I put the black layers through the Cuttlebug using the D'vine swirls embossing folder. I used the ticket corner punch and SU's black brads in the corners of the "B" layer. Then I ran the white envelope through the Cuttlebug using the same folder. It was super-classy!

1 comment:

Shell said...

Great job on all of it, Krista. She is going to love every bit of effort you put into each item. Have a great time at the party!!